The Orthopaedic Pre Admission Clinic is available for individuals booked in to The Avenue Hospital for hip and knee joint replacements and foot surgery. The clinic is designed to equip you with the necessary information you need for your admission, surgery, recovery and going home.
What can I expect?
This information session will give you an overall view of the following;
- How to prepare for your admission
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- How best to prepare for discharge
- What equipment you will require and how to order it
- What to expect in the initial weeks at home
- You may also need to have pre-operative blood tests.
- Current COVID precautions
When and where are the sessions?
The Pre Admission Clinic group sessions are held twice a day Monday to Thursday at either 10.30am or 2.30pm and at 2.30pm on Fridays.
For health and safety reasons, the sessions are conducted over Microsoft Zoom.
How do I book?
To book please email PACTAH@ramsayhealth.com.au with your preferred date and time. We will then send you a link to the video session.
What do I need to bring to the Pre-Admission Session?
- Your Completed Hospital Admission Paperwork or completion of the online option
- Your Medicare Card (in case you require pre-operative tests)
When to attend
We recommend you attend this session at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. To avoid disappointment please book classes as soon as you have an operation date.
Please note these sessions are for The Avenue Private patients only.