In response to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care October 2015 document – The Vital Signs 2015 (3rd version), The Avenue Hospital supports the three important questions that members of the public can ask about their health care:
- Will my care be safe?
- Will I get the right care?
- Will I be a partner in my care?
The Avenue Hospital has many quality improvement strategies and projects in place to answer the above questions and encourages patient/carer feedback and suggestions to improve our service.
Examples of our strategies are:
- Use of the National Inpatient Medication Chart for our patients
- Use of a Medication Management Plan for reconciliation of medicines on admission, during admission and at discharge home or transfer to another facility
- Use of a Clinical Alert Form to record allergies/adverse reactions of our patients
- Participation in the National Hand Hygiene Initiative
- Diligent tracking of all infections resulting in a low infection rate compared with national infection rates
- Systems in place to help prevent resistance to antibiotics, collaborating with national initiatives
- Strong focus on pressure injury and falls risk assessments of our patients
- Strong focus on the patient/carer partnering in care – bedside nursing handover and use of patient communication boards
- Advance Care Planning process in place
- Open Disclosure policy in place
- Patient/Carer escalation of care procedure in place.
The Avenue Hospital performs borderless surgery for live audience
Jun 09, 2021
The Avenue Hospital has featured on the global stage, with orthopaedic surgeon Dr Jit Balakumar firmly in the spotlight, as a complex hip surgery was live-streamed to medical professionals across the world. Organized by ISHA - The Hip Preservation Society, and using technology provided by Proximie, the peri-acetabular osteotomy was broadcast to more than 300 surgeons in 69 countries, with moderators in France and Chile.
‘Hospital at home’ - the new option for patients
Jul 01, 2020
Australians can now enjoy greater choice over their medical treatment options with Ramsay Connect providing hospital services in the comfort of the patient’s own home.