Orthopaedic Pre Admission Clinic
What is the Orthopaedic Pre Admission Clinic?
This Clinic is designed to equip you with the necessary information you need for your admission, surgery, recovery and discharge home.
What can I expect?
This information session will give you an overall view of the following;
- How best to prepare for your admission
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- How best to prepare for discharge
- What equipment you will require and how to order it
- What to expect in the initial weeks at home
- You may also need to have pre-operative blood tests.
What do I need to bring to the Pre-Admission Session?
- Your Completed Hospital Admission Paperwork or have completed the online option
- Your Medicare Card (in case you require pre-operative tests)
Where do I go?
Please present to Reception
The Avenue Hospital
40 The Avenue, Windsor VIC 3181
Reception staff will direct you to the appropriate floor
Joint replacement Education session
At The Avenue Private we recommend attending the complimentary session at least 2 weeks prior to your surgery. To avoid disappointment please book classes as soon as you have an operation date.
Please note these sessions are for The Avenue Private patients only.